Amanda-Users

Re: starttime question

2006-05-04 02:14:17
Subject: Re: starttime question
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 02:11:11 -0400
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:43:56AM -0400, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:34:38AM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> >   Are the estimates for delayed DLEs also delayed?
> >   Or are they done at the beginning with all other DLEs?
>
> I just took a look at the amdump logs for a server with some delayed
> DLEs.  Estimates are performed along with everything else, and an
> initial schedule is generated.

Thanks for looking,

I exepected that to be the answer.  I did not see how the planner
could do its job otherwise.

However I was under the impression that delayed starttime was
something to recommend for clients that may not be available
when amdump starts or that couldn't be burdened at that time.
Yet the estimates are a form of burden too.

> Interestingly, I noticed from reading the logs that estimates take
> long enough on this server that it just exceeds the starttime.  So in
> my case, it looks likes the dumps aren't actually delayed (heh, in
> fact, the delayed dump is third in the schedule of ~200 DLEs).

Why were you attempting to delay those DLEs?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)