Amanda-Users

Re: starttime question

2006-05-04 01:49:18
Subject: Re: starttime question
From: Ross Vandegrift <ross AT kallisti DOT us>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 01:43:56 -0400
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:34:38AM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>   Are the estimates for delayed DLEs also delayed?
>   Or are they done at the beginning with all other DLEs?

I just took a look at the amdump logs for a server with some delayed
DLEs.  Estimates are performed along with everything else, and an
initial schedule is generated.

Interestingly, I noticed from reading the logs that estimates take
long enough on this server that it just exceeds the starttime.  So in
my case, it looks likes the dumps aren't actually delayed (heh, in
fact, the delayed dump is third in the schedule of ~200 DLEs).

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross AT kallisti DOT us

man in the bonds of Hell."