Amanda-Users

FreeBSD client

2006-04-28 12:11:45
Subject: FreeBSD client
From: "John Clement" <john.clement AT readingroom DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:08:11 +0100
Some of you might remember I'm piecing together a previous, non-working, installation of amanda.  The help I've received off here has been great, so thanks again!  The next piece in this puzzle is a FreeBSD (5.4) machine that appears to have amanda already installed.

I can't find any documentation on getting the client working on BSD so started going by all the information I've gleened troubleshooting the Linux machines here.  I can't find a .amandahosts file, do I need to create this and if so where?  Or should this information go somewhere else?

I assume /tmp/amanda should exist on the machine and be writable and ownder by operator:operator (operator being the default username the client seems to install by, and operator being BSD's equiv of 'disk' group), is this so?

Thanks,

john