Amanda-Users

Re: FreeBSD client

2006-04-28 16:44:04
Subject: Re: FreeBSD client
From: Kevin Till <kevin.till AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:40:32 -0700
John Clement wrote:
Some of you might remember I'm piecing together a previous, non-working, installation of amanda. The help I've received off here has been great, so thanks again! The next piece in this puzzle is a FreeBSD (5.4) machine that appears to have amanda already installed. I can't find any documentation on getting the client working on BSD so started going by all the information I've gleened troubleshooting the Linux machines here. I can't find a .amandahosts file, do I need to create this and if so where? Or should this information go somewhere else? I assume /tmp/amanda should exist on the machine and be writable and ownder by operator:operator (operator being the default username the client seems to install by, and operator being BSD's equiv of 'disk' group), is this so?

do "amadmin test version"

the output of the above command tells how it's configured and
where the log will be kept and etc.

--
Thank you!
Kevin Till