Amanda-Users

Re: Making certain the correct changer slot is selected before running amdump

2006-04-15 05:33:07
Subject: Re: Making certain the correct changer slot is selected before running amdump
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 05:24:08 -0400
On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 12:20:16AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 14 April 2006 23:24, stan wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 07:08:45PM +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
> >> On 2006-04-14 17:15, stan wrote:
> >
> >I can probably write such a thing, but I was hoping that someone
> >else might have already done sothing here.
>
> You can go ahead and write such a beast, but if the tapes are already
> labeled, amcheck can do that just fine.

Mmm, as far as I know amcheck can tell me if the correct tape is loaded,
but I'll stil need to write something that will run amcheck, check the
results of it (does it return a status or do I have to check the text
it outputs), then run amtape next slot, check again, and loop untill
it gets a good status (or has checked all slots).

Hmm, that should work even if the tapes aren't labeled yet.
--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror