Amanda-Users

Re: Intelegence of amflush

2006-02-23 08:44:26
Subject: Re: Intelegence of amflush
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:37:43 -0500
On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 02:31:06PM +0100, Paul Bijnens enlightened us:
> >Paul Bijnens wrote:
> >>When there is only one image to choose from, Amanda will take that one,
> >>even if it will probably not fit.  Changing that will make many other
> >>users of Amanda unhappy, e.g. those using hardware compression because
> >>their tape length is just a wild guess of the truth, or even me, because
> >>I underestimate the tape length a bit, so that amanda has a few percent
> >>margin with estimates being smaller than real dumps (that's why I get
> >>tapes filled with 106%).
> >
> >That's perfectly o.k. . But im my case there where about 25 images to
> >choose from.
>
> But it will choose the correct one when you specify "taperalgo
> largestfit". (The default is the first one found.)

At least with 2.4.5, largestfit means "of the oldest date, the largest that
will fit".

If you have 20GB tapes and a dump on Feb 15th that is 23GB and a dump on Feb
16th that is 13GB, it will pick the Feb 15th because it is older.

Has this been changed in 2.5?

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak