Amanda-Users

Re: Intelegence of amflush

2006-02-23 08:30:08
Subject: Re: Intelegence of amflush
From: Peter Mueller <peter.mueller.ls AT elimpex DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:18:11 +0100
Hi again!

Did you specify "taperalgo largestfit" in the amanda.conf? Or any other?

I will check that, probably not, because I dont remember this parameter.

Is was missing, which means "first" - I changed this to "smallest" to give the
2rd and 3rd level images a chance to get thru ..

I taped the "too big" image by hand.

But now I am stuck with a question I didnt get an answer when I posted it
here last time:

What's the correct way to remove an image from the holding disk, that
cant be backed up by using amflush (because its too big !?!):

-) Is it sufficcient to remove it by unix rm ?
-) Is there any command e.g. with amadmin to remove it
-) Is there any way to tell amanda that this image does not exist, or
  that its' backed up (by hand to tapes not labeled by amanda in my
  case) ?

Maybe one of the amanda gurus could give me the pointer where in the docs
this is discussed ....

Bye, Peter
WOTLmade