Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda server selection advice

2006-01-31 13:23:37
Subject: Re: Amanda server selection advice
From: Anthony Worrall <anthony.worrall AT reading.ac DOT uk>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:15:31 +0000
Hi

I would guess the Ultra 40 if you go for the dual core option, there may
not
be much of a difference in the single core options 2.8GHz vs 2.6GHz.

Form the sun web site

Ultra 40 Processor
One or two AMD Opteron 940-pin, 200-series single-core CPUs that range
from 2.0 GHz to 2.8 GHz (models 246, 250, and 254) and dual-core CPUs
that range from 2.2 GHz to 2.4 GHz (models 275 and 280) with three
8-GBps HyperTransport interconnects per CPU

W2100z Processor
Two AMD Opteron 200 Series CPUs that range from Model 244 (1.8 GHz) to
Model 252 (2.6 GHz)

Anthony Worrall