Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and DVD-RAM

2006-01-23 08:44:35
Subject: Re: Amanda and DVD-RAM
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:37:09 +0100
Sebastian Marten schrieb:
Hi,
I have a small fileser at home and I'm looking for a brackup software.
I found amanda, and i think it can be the right thing for my server.
But I don't have a taper. I only habe a DVD-Writer with DVD-RAM support.
Can I packup with amanda on DVD or is this inpossible at the moment?
I hope, someone can help me.

The current way-to-go would be to set up a file-driver-setup, which backs up your data to virtual tapes on a harddisk. In the second step you could then write the content of the vtapes to DVD-RAM.

See

http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-filedriver.html

and

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/File_driver

There is no direct support for DVD-RAM in AMANDA yet, but possibly some user has already done some support-scripts for that scenario.

Stefan