Amanda-Users

RE: System Crash when using Amanda

2006-01-10 23:22:48
Subject: RE: System Crash when using Amanda
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "Gordon J. Mills III" <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:11:16 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 at 8:50pm, Gordon J. Mills III wrote

Yes, I am using the aic7xxx driver. I am using the adaptec 39160 card. My
tape drive is a dell 112T, basically a 1U unit with 2 DLT 40/80 drives in
it. The other server had the same scsi card with Compaq AIT-35 8 tape
autoloader. I will try installing the new kernel to see. The 2 servers that
it happened to recently had the debian package kernel 2.6.12-1-smp.

FWIW (and so it's in the archives), if you decide to switch host adapters, I've had very good luck with LSI based products. My AIT3 loader is hanging off a 53c1010 based board (U160) using the sym53c8xx_2 driver, and my LTO3 loader is on a 53c1030 based board (U320) using the mptscsih driver. They run centos-3 and centos-4, respectively.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering