Amanda-Users

RE: System Crash when using Amanda

2006-01-10 22:10:03
Subject: RE: System Crash when using Amanda
From: "Gordon J. Mills III" <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:50:51 -0600
Yes, I am using the aic7xxx driver. I am using the adaptec 39160 card. My tape drive is a dell 112T, basically a 1U unit with 2 DLT 40/80 drives in it. The other server had the same scsi card with Compaq AIT-35 8 tape autoloader. I will try installing the new kernel to see. The 2 servers that it happened to recently had the debian package kernel 2.6.12-1-smp.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Gordon

Do you happen to be using the aic7xxx driver ? If so, I had the same problem until the new kernel 2.6.15.

James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
freelsjd AT ornl DOT gov
http://www.comsol.com/stories/hfir/