Amanda-Users

Re: error recovery

2005-09-06 12:06:40
Subject: Re: error recovery
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:47:23 -0400
On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 04:29:27PM +0100, Rodrigo Ventura wrote:

> Thank you all for the valuable tips (might be a good idea to put some
> of those Q&A in a FAQ).

>     Alexander> Since you seem to have 30GB tapes, splitting up those
>     Alexander> dumps above 3GB might be a good idea anyway, of course.
>     Alexander> (Think optimisation of tape usage, and restore speed.)
>
> Yeah, it's those DAT's 36/72. I'm using 72x6 autoloader from HP, so
> things like 24 tapes are out of the question.

That is what I use also, well except mine is 12/24 vintage.

Magazines to hold the tapes can be purchased also.  I have 6 or 7,
4 loaded with my 24 daily amanda tapes, one with archive config
tapes, and others with cleaning and misc tapes.

A weekend chore is to swap the magazines in the tape drive and
at my off-site storage location (aka my next door neighbors :).

Ahh, glad this came up, I'll need the magazine at my neighbors
while they are away on vacation.  Better get it before they leave.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)