Amanda-Users

Re: error recovery

2005-09-06 10:01:10
Subject: Re: error recovery
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:51:56 +0200
Rodrigo Ventura wrote:
1. what's the meaning of "Some dumps may have been left in the holding
disk."? I mean, can I expect them to be dumped on the next amdump? Or
do I have to call amcleanup/amflush (which?) to check them out to
tape?

amflush, not amcleanup.

amflush is for flushing dumps from holding disk to tape, updating databases as it goes. Jon already told you about `autoflush' in newer amanda releases, which would flush them automatically with tomorrow's dump.

amcleanup is for housekeeping after a crash. During dumping, amanda writes into files with a .tmp extension on your holding disk. amcleanup deletes those, prepares index files, and sends the amreport mail. It doesn't touch existing, completed dumps on your holding disk.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk  * BUF Compagnie * alexj AT buf DOT com
Tel +33-1 42 68 18 28  *  Fax +33-1 42 68 18 29