Amanda-Users

Re: newbie questions about setting up amanda

2005-05-12 19:11:59
Subject: Re: newbie questions about setting up amanda
From: Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
To: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT fr>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 21:34:52 +0100
Alexander Jolk wrote:
Once again, your syntax seems right to all of us, but nobody really seems to be actively using `include' right now. I know for certain that using `exclude' works, for example.

I see. My problem is that I have a /home full of users (34G used) and a /var/spool/imap/users full of mail accounts (21G). I'm using DDS 36/72 tapes (36G uncompressed), and it does not seem right to me to used it without spliting these directories in several DLE's.

But if the include is so seldom used, maybe there better ways of doing backup.

Cheers,

Rodrigo