Amanda-Users

localhost amandad busy

2005-03-25 09:08:23
Subject: localhost amandad busy
From: Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:52:56 +0100

Not a question, just something I encountered today;

I had a disklist containing some local directories and some nt server's directories; something like this :

# Local directory
goscinny /home server-compress-low
goscinny /root server-compress
goscinny /var server-compress
<some more>
# NT-machine
localhost //CMS/CMS server-compress-low
localhost //CMS/wwwroot server-compress-low
localhost //CMS/IIS_NR server-compress-low

When doing an amcheck, I got this error :

WARNING: Usage of fully qualified hostname recommended for Client localhost.
WARNING: Usage of fully qualified hostname recommended for Client localhost.
ERROR: NAK localhost: amandad busy
Client check: 3 hosts checked in 20.062 seconds, 1 problem found

I should also mention that xinetd was being used on site, not inetd.

Googling around didn't solve too much, some suggestions about changing the amanda configuration in xinetd.d directory. But all to no avail.

Simple solution : do what Amanda asks you to do : don't use localhost    :-)
So, after changing the localhost for smb-shares to goscinny; the problem went away.

Regards,

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office

Cdt.Weynsstraat 85