Amanda-Users

Re: Some questions about Amanda's emailing of backup reports

2005-03-23 16:30:18
Subject: Re: Some questions about Amanda's emailing of backup reports
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Matt Emmott <memmott AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:42:35 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 at 11:20am, Matt Emmott wrote

> I can't find any documentation on this, but if I'm just missing
> something, please point me in the right direction, and I'm sorry for
> wasting everyone's time.

A lot of this is documented in the sample amanda.conf that ships with the
tarball.  Also, see the link to the "new" documentation from amanda.org

> 2 questions: First, where can I specify who amanda sends emails to,
> and who they appear to be from? After a backup it emails

See "mailto" in your amanda.conf.

> [email protected], and I'd like to change this.
>
> Second, is there a way to have Amanda log its reports to a file
> instead of (or in addition to) emailing them?

I'd accomplish this by running amanda in a script, and running 'amreport'
at the end of the script.  See 'man amreport' for details on how to get
amreport to output to a file.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering