Amanda-Users

Re: Some questions about Amanda's emailing of backup reports

2005-03-03 11:54:47
Subject: Re: Some questions about Amanda's emailing of backup reports
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Matt Emmott <memmott AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:31:02 -0500
Hello Matt,

* Matt Emmott <memmott AT gmail DOT com> [20050303 11:22]:
> Hi all,
> I can't find any documentation on this, but if I'm just missing
> something, please point me in the right direction, and I'm sorry for
> wasting everyone's time.
>
> 2 questions: First, where can I specify who amanda sends emails to,
> and who they appear to be from? After a backup it emails
> [email protected], and I'd like to change this.

'mailto' in amanda.conf but the localhost.localdomain is probably
something to do with the way the client is configured, not an
amanda configuration issue per se.

> Second, is there a way to have Amanda log its reports to a file
> instead of (or in addition to) emailing them?

'logdir' in amanda.conf

I believe this is explained in the amanda manpage.

HTH,
jf

--
<° ><