Amanda-Users

Re: Some questions about Amanda's emailing of backup reports

2005-03-03 14:55:38
Subject: Re: Some questions about Amanda's emailing of backup reports
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:42:59 -0500
On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 12:35:03PM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 11:23:51AM -0600, Hull, Dave wrote:
> > The amanda account has a procmail filter that saves a copy to a
> > local file and forwards another copy on to the required persons.

I just do that manually -- save the report to a particular email
folder after I've looked it over.  But yes, a procmail recipe
would be even better.

> Good solution, particularly if the local file can be the report content
> without the email headers.

Personally, I like keeping the headers -- that way, if I'm
looking for the reports that match certain criteria, I can often
use my mail client to give me a filtered view of them.  But if
you want the headers stripped, just have procmail pipe the emails
to a script which does that.

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
The animal that coils in a circle is the serpent; that's why so
many cults and myths of the serpent exist, because it's hard to
represent the return of the sun by the coiling of a hippopotamus.
        - Umberto Eco, "Foucault's Pendulum"