Amanda-Users

amcheck error

2005-03-23 16:38:50
Subject: amcheck error
From: "Kevin Chen" <kchen AT fre.devry DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:43:07 -0800

Greetings:

I am setting up Amanda 2.4.4p4 on a Sun Ultra30 machine which is

running Solaris 8, configuration and make install went through all

right, but when I run "amcheck Daily", it is keep on complaining

about one of client host is down - "Warning: spain selfcheck request

timed out, Host down?", spain is another ultra30 in the same subnet

and I have ran "patch-system" on both server and client "spain"

machine already. There are also some error messages in /var/adm/messages - "inetd[138]: [ID 858011 daemon.warning] /usr/local/libexec/amandad: Killed" and " amanda/udp server failing (looping), service terminated". I have checked all the amanda documentation but no

lucks so far to solve my problem.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Kevin