Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda on Redhat, tape drive question

2005-03-21 17:51:54
Subject: Re: Amanda on Redhat, tape drive question
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:41:24 -0500
On Monday 21 March 2005 17:13, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 at 4:35pm, Brian Cuttler wrote
>
>> yah, yah, that's the ticket.
>>
>> modprobe aic7xxx did the trick. Do we need to do that manually
>> after boot or do you think we could get away with adding a startup
>> script to the box ?
>
>That's what I was/am confused about.  The line in modules.conf
> should be enough -- although you may need to do an 'mkinitrd' to
> "make it stick".

He should not need to do that if the module exists in
his /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers directory tree.

That said, I have some stuff like that I've put, not into modules.conf
(or in my case modprobe.conf, FC2 box) but into /etc/rc.d/rc.local.
That seems to simplicate matters a bunch here.

>Enjoy.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: