Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda on Redhat, tape drive question

2005-03-21 16:34:22
Subject: Re: Amanda on Redhat, tape drive question
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:27:47 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 at 4:16pm, Brian Cuttler wrote

> There is nothing in /var/log/messages (no scsi messages), however we find
> the following in messages.1, which seems to show that all is well and that
> the tape and robot are found and the drivers loaded.
>
> Is there some intermediate makedev command that should have but didn't
> run when it was expected to ?

The whole problem is that the drivers *aren't* loaded now.  If you just
'modprobe aic7xxx' then all should be well.  I'm just not sure why they
seem to have been loaded upon boot, but aren't loaded now.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering