Amanda-Users

Re: 20Gb tape not full

2005-03-14 09:57:25
Subject: Re: 20Gb tape not full
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Mark Lidstone <mark.lidstone AT bmtseatech.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:48:02 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 at 1:59pm, Mark Lidstone wrote

> > NOTES:
> >   taper: tape Haslar12 kb 16875296 fm 5 writing file: No space left on
> device
> >

> Now, if I'm reading this right, it's saying that it's hit the end of a
> 20Gb tape at around the 5Gb mark.  Here's what I think are the relevant
> parts of my amanda.conf:

No, it hit EOT at about the 16GB mark as indicated in the line from taper
above.  That would indicate to me that you have hardware compression
enabled in addition to software compression.  Don't do that.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering