Amanda-Users

amanda report

2005-02-25 10:12:14
Subject: amanda report
From: ddaasd <ddaasd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:01:38 +0100

Hello,

I am not very confident with amanda report.

Can anyone explain me what mean the following:

1. planner: Incremental of server:/home/samba/pub bumped to level 2.

2.  planner: Full dump of server:/var/lib promoted from 6 days ahead.

3. planner: Last full dump of server:/src on tape MyDaily overwritten in 2 runs.

I am not sure what bumped to level 2, promoted from 6 days ahead and overwritten in 2 runs mean.

Also I would like to know, how Amanda chooses when to make a full backup or an incremental one.

--

ddaas