Amanda-Users

Re: infofile partition out of space, trashed file

2005-01-27 18:47:29
Subject: Re: infofile partition out of space, trashed file
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:35:57 -0800
Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> writes:

> Kevin Dalley wrote:
>
>> Oops.  I forgot to mention the version number
>> I am using a CVS release of amanda, which is named Amanda-2.4.5b1,
>
> should be fine, but...

> The problem here is that, if you would do that, the file does not
> contain the current info anymore.
> Does it make sense to keep the old file?
> On the other hand, does it make sense to have an empty file instead?
>
> Also the file is written to when the backup is already done.
> Whatever you decide, the information is not consistent with the reality
> anyway. Any good argument to prefer ancient over empty ?

I think that I prefer the old file to an empty file, but I'm not sure
that I understand everything this file does.  An empty curinfo file
gave me bad results when I typed:

      amadmin normal due

It said:

   new disk condor://redbird/l$ ignored.

Though:
        amadmin normal find condor //redbird/l\\$

works

The old curinfo file would at least have showed that there were some
backups of this partition, even if it didn't have the latest
information.  If amanda could pretend that the latest backup hadn't
happened, that would be better than having no backups.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevin AT kelphead DOT org