Amanda-Users

Re: infofile partition out of space, trashed file

2005-01-27 16:57:59
Subject: Re: infofile partition out of space, trashed file
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:48:11 +0100
Kevin Dalley wrote:

Oops.  I forgot to mention the version number

I am using a CVS release of amanda, which is named Amanda-2.4.5b1,

should be fine, but...

Kevin Dalley wrote:

Last night, my amanda run had a problem.  The partition on which
infofile is stored ran out of space.  With infofile set to
/var/lib/amanda/normal/curinfo, the file:
/var/lib/amanda/normal/curinfo/condor/__redbird_l$
had 0 length, which meant that all history for this partition was
lost.  I restored the file from backup, and things look better.
Is it possible to write the new file in a way that the old file is
not
deleted until the new file is known to exist?

The problem here is that, if you would do that, the file does not
contain the current info anymore.
Does it make sense to keep the old file?
On the other hand, does it make sense to have an empty file instead?

Also the file is written to when the backup is already done.
Whatever you decide, the information is not consistent with the reality
anyway. Any good argument to prefer ancient over empty ?