Amanda-Users

Re: infofile partition out of space, trashed file

2005-01-27 16:31:13
Subject: Re: infofile partition out of space, trashed file
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:24:50 -0800
Oops.  I forgot to mention the version number

I am using a CVS release of amanda, which is named Amanda-2.4.5b1,
with CVS date as of about Thu Nov 18 16:50:15 PST 2004 using tag
amanda-245-branch, with an additional change which I made regarding
the , which is probably unrelated to the problem at hand.

Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> writes:

> Kevin Dalley wrote:
>> Last night, my amanda run had a problem.  The partition on which
>> infofile is stored ran out of space.  With infofile set to
>> /var/lib/amanda/normal/curinfo, the file:
>> /var/lib/amanda/normal/curinfo/condor/__redbird_l$
>> had 0 length, which meant that all history for this partition was
>> lost.  I restored the file from backup, and things look better.
>> Is it possible to write the new file in a way that the old file is
>> not
>> deleted until the new file is known to exist?
>>

> Which amanda version is this?  I remember going through all the
> source and adding a few error checks for these conditions.
> I do not remember anymore which version exactly the patches got
> incorporated, but 2.4.4p4 should detect these errors.
>
> If not, I like to know and go through it all again...
>

> --
> Paul Bijnens, Xplanation                            Tel  +32 16 397.511
> Technologielaan 21 bus 2, B-3001 Leuven, BELGIUM    Fax  +32 16 397.512
> http://www.xplanation.com/          email:  Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com
> * I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, F6, *
> * quit,  ZZ, :q, :q!,  M-Z, ^X^C,  logoff, logout, close, bye,  /bye, *
> * stop, end, F3, ~., ^]c, +++ ATH, disconnect, halt,  abort,  hangup, *
> * PF4, F20, ^X^X, :D::D, KJOB, F14-f-e, F8-e,  kill -1 $$,  shutdown, *
> * kill -9 1,  Alt-F4,  Ctrl-Alt-Del,  AltGr-NumLock,  Stop-A,  ...    *
> * ...  "Are you sure?"  ...   YES   ...   Phew ...   I'm out          *

Kevin Dalley
kevin AT kelphead DOT org