Amanda-Users

infofile partition out of space, trashed file

2005-01-27 15:53:14
Subject: infofile partition out of space, trashed file
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:42:20 -0800
Last night, my amanda run had a problem.  The partition on which
infofile is stored ran out of space.  With infofile set to
/var/lib/amanda/normal/curinfo, the file:

/var/lib/amanda/normal/curinfo/condor/__redbird_l$

had 0 length, which meant that all history for this partition was
lost.  I restored the file from backup, and things look better.

Is it possible to write the new file in a way that the old file is not
deleted until the new file is known to exist?

--
Kevin Dalley
kevin AT kelphead DOT org