Amanda-Users

Re: Re[2]: archiving tapes?!

2005-01-27 15:29:05
Subject: Re: Re[2]: archiving tapes?!
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:22:18 -0500
On Thursday 27 January 2005 14:59, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>Hello, Gene,
>
>just now (on 01/27/2005 at 20:58) you wrote:
>
>GH> I do hope he was able to find gainfull employment, hopefully not
>GH> around computers?
>
>Errm, AFAIK he is some kind of admin for this, errm, big institution

Hoo boy, this might get interesting in the board room if they are
keeping track.

>It's always fun to see what jobs I could have ...

That too my friend.  As one who has been to quite a few places in his
earlier years, and just happened by pure serendipity to be there when
something of note was being done, its always sort of fun to play the
'what if' game in ones own mind.

OTOH, if some of these didn't work out, guess who's head would have
been on the platter for the failure if I'd actually been in a
position of responsibility?  Sometimes its nice to be 'just the
person taking orders', even if its your ability and not theirs thats
on the line because they don't know how to do the job and have
delegated it to someone who does. :-)

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: