Amanda-Users

Re: amanda change ctime

2005-01-27 14:40:02
Subject: Re: amanda change ctime
From: Nina Pham <nina AT gibbons DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:33:05 -0800
Thanks folks. Now I need to learn how to configure run amanda client. Thanks again.

Mike Delaney wrote:

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 07:01:31AM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 at 4:27pm, Nina Pham wrote

The files we are backing up are resigned on more than 1 servers, and we want to store that archive on the same place. Therefore we need to mount.
As other folks have mentioned, no, you don't. However, what I haven't seen clarified yet is what OS the various servers are running. If some *nix, then install the amanda client there. If 'doze, then amanda can do the backups for you using smbclient (no need for you to mount).

In the origional post, she said she was using "FC2 systems", which I took
to mean Fedora Core 2, i.e. Linux.