Amanda-Users

Re: amanda change ctime

2005-01-26 19:53:55
Subject: Re: amanda change ctime
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Nina Pham <nina AT gibbons DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:43:54 +0100
Nina Pham wrote:

I have problem doing incremental backup on mount file. I'm using FC2 systems. The server mount to some files and does incremental backup everyday. The proplem is the ctime some how got changed when backing up, so the files endup archived even though it's not been touched. Any idea?

Using smbmount?  smb has no notion of a "ctime". The ctime is faked.

To backup windows machines, you can use smbclient, which amanda
uses when specifying a disklist entry like:

unix.with.smbclient.com   //windows-srvr/some_share  comp-tar

smbclient uses thearchive bit to decide for incremental
backups (and currently is limited to only level 1 incrementals).

Some people install cygwin+amanda on a PC too.