Amanda-Users

Re: amanda change ctime

2005-01-27 07:12:45
Subject: Re: amanda change ctime
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Nina Pham <nina AT gibbons DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:01:31 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 at 4:27pm, Nina Pham wrote

> The files we are backing up are resigned on more than 1 servers, and we
> want to store that archive on the same place. Therefore we need to mount.

As other folks have mentioned, no, you don't.  However, what I haven't
seen clarified yet is what OS the various servers are running.  If some
*nix, then install the amanda client there.  If 'doze, then amanda can do
the backups for you using smbclient (no need for you to mount).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering