Amanda-Users

Re: Reiserfs?

2005-01-27 05:23:52
Subject: Re: Reiserfs?
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:11:26 +0100
Gene Heskett schrieb:
On Thursday 27 January 2005 03:48, Christoph Scheeder wrote:

Hi,
your exclude-list has wrong syntax.
it has to be relative to the root of the filesystem you backup.
it should read like this

./media
./tmp
./var/spool/postfix

Actually, I don't think the last line is correct either. It should either be a plain ./postfix if thats all you want it to skip, or a ./spool to skip all levels beyond including postfix, or even a ./var to skip all of /var, which probably isn't what you want. This syntax prevents tar from entering the named dir, and *all* dirs beyond it in the tree. I'm not sure of the exact results the above line would give, but I'd suspect it skip all of /var.

Nope definitly not. It will only exclude the "/var/spool/postfix"
directory from the root-filesystem.
Trust me, i have these lines in my exclude-list since many years,
and they do what i want....
Christoph