Amanda-Users

Re: Reiserfs?

2005-01-27 04:52:08
Subject: Re: Reiserfs?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 04:43:01 -0500
On Thursday 27 January 2005 03:48, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
>Hi,
>your exclude-list has wrong syntax.
>it has to be relative to the root of the filesystem you backup.
>it should read like this
>
>./media
>./tmp
>./var/spool/postfix

Actually, I don't think the last line is correct either.  It should
either be a plain ./postfix if thats all you want it to skip, or
a ./spool to skip all levels beyond including postfix, or even
a ./var to skip all of /var, which probably isn't what you want.
This syntax prevents tar from entering the named dir, and *all* dirs
beyond it in the tree.  I'm not sure of the exact results the above
line would give, but I'd suspect it skip all of /var.

>Christoph
>
>Nick Danger schrieb:
>[snip]
>
>> Oddly,  the sendbackup...exclude tells it to exclude the
>> /var/spool/postfix so Im not sure they are even in the error list.
>> The man page for tar says it should be '--exclude-from=file', so
>> maybe there needs to be an '=' in the argument list above?
>>
>>    amanda@tesla:/tmp/amanda>  more
>> sendbackup._.20050126203414.exclude /media
>>    /tmp
>>    /var/spool/postfix

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: