Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data

2005-01-07 13:45:53
Subject: Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:36:41 -0500
Stefan,

> Good to hear. What size did scratch have?
> Much nicer device-name now, BTW, maybe this was the problem ... Do you
> use this one (the corresponding non-rewinding device) in amanda.conf
> as well ??

I'll have to try to pull it again, I seem to have subsequently
overwritten it with a zero length file.

> BC> I then tried to re-write the label with dd
>
> BC> samar 170# dd of=/dev/sdlt2 obs=32k if=./scratch
> BC> 64+0 records in
> BC> 1+0 records out
>
> Ok, I see, you had a bs=512 (0.5k) when you read and wrote the same
> file with bs=32k (64 times bigger now).
>
> BC> Actually the xfsrestore file is a link to the executable in the /usr/sbin
> BC> directory. It does make sense, after a fashion (why not a link for the
> BC> xfsdump executable as well).

> As long as AMANDA actually USES it this is OK, yes.

I had intended (and forgot) to write, that I checked the amdump log
file and that the paths and names of the programs are correct.

> I am looking forward to the results ...

yah, me too.

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org