Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data

2005-01-07 13:04:40
Subject: Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:49:51 +0100
Hi, Brian,

on Freitag, 07. Jänner 2005 at 17:59 you wrote to amanda-users:

BC> The instruction I was following from Gene where pretty explicite
BC> (not that I follow all that well)

;-)

BC> and where intended to save the
BC> amanda header, reset the block count, restore the header and flush
BC> the buffers. Unfortunately I failed to retrieve the headers and the
BC> command was simple enough that I'm baffled at having incorrectly
BC> coded it, "invalid argument", must be me. I'll try again.

Let's see.

>> Do your AMANDA-binaries point to the proper xfs-tools? Is the proper
>> xfsdump used?

BC> Truth be told, I'd have expected dump and restore to be in the same
BC> directory as one another, but this matches the config on other, working
BC> Irix amanda systems.

BC> samar 126# which xfsrestore
BC> /sbin/xfsrestore
BC> samar 127# which xfsdump
BC> /usr/sbin/xfsdump

And these two binaries are found and used by the configure-script?

BC> Yes, I can try a different config on the system, or for that matter
BC> just save/edit the disklist and amanda.conf, its not like I am likely
BC> to lose a working config.

I would do a copy to a second config and substitute the config-name
where it has to be done (amanda.conf, the paths and stuff, you know
that). Then you can fiddle around with that second config until you
figure something out.
--
best regards,
Stefan