Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data

2005-01-07 12:10:21
Subject: Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:59:54 -0500
Stefan,

Yes, will strip more stuff out (didn't realize it had grown so much.

The instruction I was following from Gene where pretty explicite
(not that I follow all that well) and where intended to save the
amanda header, reset the block count, restore the header and flush
the buffers. Unfortunately I failed to retrieve the headers and the
command was simple enough that I'm baffled at having incorrectly
coded it, "invalid argument", must be me. I'll try again.

> Do your AMANDA-binaries point to the proper xfs-tools? Is the proper
> xfsdump used?

Truth be told, I'd have expected dump and restore to be in the same
directory as one another, but this matches the config on other, working
Irix amanda systems.

samar 126# which xfsrestore
/sbin/xfsrestore
samar 127# which xfsdump
/usr/sbin/xfsdump

Yes, I can try a different config on the system, or for that matter
just save/edit the disklist and amanda.conf, its not like I am likely
to lose a working config.

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org