Amanda-Users

RE: Recommendation for tape drives

2004-12-03 18:28:25
Subject: RE: Recommendation for tape drives
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Gil Naveh <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:21:33 -0600
--On Friday, December 03, 2004 17:11:18 -0500 Gil Naveh <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT
com> wrote:

> Brain,
> I was able to backup into a local hard disk - but I was not sure that it is
> possible to do so remotely and on a different operating system.

You can use smbmount (part of Samba) to mount a Windows share
onto your Unix box.  Depending on the size of your backups
you may encounter performance problems, and I think there may
be a 2GB filesize limit.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673