Amanda-Users

Re: newb: getting started

2004-10-12 19:45:26
Subject: Re: newb: getting started
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:40:55 +0200
Hi, Frank,

on Mittwoch, 13. Oktober 2004 at 01:20 you wrote to amanda-users:

FS> The best place to start is "the chapter" on Amanda from W.Curtis Preston's
FS> book 'UNIX Backup & Recovery'.  You can read that chapter online, the
FS> link is on the amanda.org home page.  In my opinion the book is also
FS> worth buying and reading in its entirety.

You are right.

Let me add that this chapter will soon be added to the official
AMANDA-docs (as soon as I find the time to convert, edit and update it
...)

FS> Two things you really don't want to do (or at least ask before trying):
FS>   Label your tapes with a day of the week, month, or similar.
FS>   Use 'localhost' as a hostname to back up.

Thank you ;-)

To Erik:

maybe have a look at
http://www.amanda.org/docs/AMANDA-docs.html

(http://www.amanda.org/docs/topten.html ??)

I will commit more formatted files soon.

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger