Amanda-Users

Re: AMANDA Documentation at www.oops.co.at

2004-08-24 17:27:33
Subject: Re: AMANDA Documentation at www.oops.co.at
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:23:44 +0200
Hi, Kevin,

on Dienstag, 24. August 2004 at 22:56 you wrote to amanda-users:

KZ> Stefan, thank for taking the time to do this. In the spirit
KZ> of bug-finding, I am unable to print page 93 of today's version of
KZ> the postscript file.

Errm, you mean, PDF instead of PostScript, don't you?
I haven't put the ps-file online yet ...

KZ> Don't know if this is related to the error
KZ> below. I'm using Adobe Acrobat 6.0 inside of IE 6.0 on a Windows
KZ> XP platform (no flames; required on the organization's LAN).

Thanks for the report, until now I have never tried to print anything
out of the AMANDA-pdf.

I assume that this is due to the fact that currently the pagenumbers
in the pdf are in roman style, not arabic. This is an issue I am
trying to track down for quite a while.

If I try to print page 93 by specifying the (arabic) pagenumber in the
MS Windows print-dialog, my Adobe Reader crashes --- bad thing.

If I try to print the same page by placing the cursor in that page and
specify "Current Page" (or whatever the english Windows says, I only
have the german release at hand) in the dialog, it prints fine.

One more reason to get those pagenumbers correct ...

Thanks,
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger