Amanda-Users

Re: please help - autoloader problem !

2004-08-17 11:19:09
Subject: Re: please help - autoloader problem !
From: Ernest Byaruhanga <ernest AT afrinic DOT org>
To: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:15:32 -0700 (PDT)
hello,

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Christoph Scheeder wrote:

> > > Good. Your next Problem is this line:

> AFAIK This is wrong.
>
> 1.) it is for use with the linux-ftape (aka floppy-tape) driver only
>
> 2.) for the use with changers this has to be something like:
>
> tapedev "0"
>
> it refers to the section in your chg-mtx-conf where you define the
> tapedrive and give it a name. (in my case 0 )

thanks for all the answers. however, i still have failed to identify the
source of my problem. i have tried all the sugegsted hacks but my
autoloader still not works. i still have the same output from :

[ernest@oshe root]$ amtape oshe show
amtape: could not get changer info: no slots available

my amanda.conf is as below:

runtapes 1              # number of tapes to be used in a single run of
amdump
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"  # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "/dev/nst0"             # the no-rewind tape device to be used
#rawtapedev "/dev/nst0" # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/oshe/chg-zd-mtx"
#changerfile "/usr/adm/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
#changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/sg2"

and the chg-zd-mtx.conf is as follows:

firstslot=1              #### First storage slot (element) -- required
lastslot=8               #### Last storage slot (element) -- required
cleanslot=-1              #### Slot with cleaner tape -- default is "-1"
                          #### Set negative to indicate no cleaner
available
autoclean=0               #### Set to '1' or greater to enable
autocleancount=99         #### Number of access before a clean.
havereader=1              #### If you have a barcode reader, set to 1.
offline_before_unload=1   #### Does your robot require an
                          #### 'mt offline' before mtx unload?
driveslot=0               #### Drive slot number.  Defaults to the
                          #### tape device number (e.g. /dev/nst0 is
                          #### assumed to be robot drive 0).
poll_drive_ready=3        #### Time (seconds) between tests to see if
                          #### the tape drive has gone ready (default: 3).
max_drive_wait=120        #### Maximum time (seconds) to wait for the
                          #### tape drive to become ready (default: 120).

At this moment, i am wondering what the problem really is.. am i using the
wrong script?

regards,

ernest.