Amanda-Users

Re: please help - autoloader problem !

2004-08-17 09:22:13
Subject: Re: please help - autoloader problem !
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:19:43 -0400
* Ernest Byaruhanga <ernest AT afrinic DOT org> [20040817 09:11]:
> hello,
>
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > you definitly use the wrong wrapperscript for your changer.
>
> okay, i have now changed the script from chg-multi to chg-zd-mtx. does
> anyone have a sample config file for this script for an autoloader? please
> help post it to me!
>
> the current error i get is :
>
> [ernest@oshe root]$ amtape oshe show
> amtape: could not get changer info: cannot determine first slot
>
> there is no sample i can use at the moment. please excuse me all for the
> newbie questions!

Here's what I have. Modify to suit your environment:

---
amanda.conf

tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
tapedev "/hw/tape/tps12d2nrnsv"
changerfile "/opt/amanda/amanda2/etc/amanda/stk_40-conf2/stk_40"
changerdev "/dev/changer"

---
/opt/amanda/amanda2/etc/amanda/stk_40-conf2/stk_40.conf

firstslot=11              #### First storage slot (element) -- required
lastslot=20               #### Last storage slot (element) -- required
cleanslot=-1              #### Slot with cleaner tape -- default is "-1"
                          #### Set negative to indicate no cleaner available
autoclean=0               #### Set to '1' or greater to enable
autocleancount=99         #### Number of access before a clean.
havereader=1              #### If you have a barcode reader, set to 1.
offline_before_unload=1   #### Does your robot require an
                          #### 'mt offline' before mtx unload?
driveslot=1               #### Drive slot number.  Defaults to the
                          #### tape device number (e.g. /dev/nst0 is
                          #### assumed to be robot drive 0).
poll_drive_ready=3        #### Time (seconds) between tests to see if
                          #### the tape drive has gone ready (default: 3).
max_drive_wait=120        #### Maximum time (seconds) to wait for the
                          #### tape drive to become ready (default: 120).

That sets up the second drive (driveslot=1) coreesponding to the tape
device /hw/tape/tps12d2nrnsv using the slots 11-20 in the library.
Note that the extension '.conf' is not to be specified in amanda.conf
for the changerfile.

HTH,
jf

--
Abashed the Devil stood,
And felt how awful goodness is - John Milton, 'Paradise Lost'