Amanda-Users

Re: please help - autoloader problem !

2004-08-17 09:50:57
Subject: Re: please help - autoloader problem !
From: Ernest Byaruhanga <ernest AT afrinic DOT org>
To: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:47:47 -0700 (PDT)
hello jean-Francois and amanda-users,

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Jean-Francois Malouin wrote:

> > > you definitly use the wrong wrapperscript for your changer.
> >
> > okay, i have now changed the script from chg-multi to chg-zd-mtx. does
> > anyone have a sample config file for this script for an autoloader? please
> > help post it to me!
> >
> > the current error i get is :
> >
> > [ernest@oshe root]$ amtape oshe show
> > amtape: could not get changer info: cannot determine first slot
> >
> > there is no sample i can use at the moment. please excuse me all for the
> > newbie questions!
>
> Here's what I have. Modify to suit your environment:

thanks. i have applied it but now i get the following errors:

[ernest@oshe root]$ amtape oshe reset
amtape: could not reset changer: no slots available

My amanda.conf has the following:

#--------
runtapes 1                       # number of tapes to be used in a single run
of
amdump
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"           # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "/dev/nst0"              # the no-rewind tape device to be used
rawtapedev "/dev/nst0"           # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/oshe/chg-zd-mtx"
#changerfile "/usr/adm/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
#changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/nst0"

maxdumpsize -1                   # Maximum number of bytes the planner will
schedule
                                 # for a run (default: runtapes * tape_length).
tapetype HP-Ultrium

[...]

My chg-zd-mtx file has the following:

firstslot=1               #### First storage slot (element) -- required
lastslot=8                #### Last storage slot (element) -- required
cleanslot=-1              #### Slot with cleaner tape -- default is "-1"
                          #### Set negative to indicate no cleaner
available
autoclean=0               #### Set to '1' or greater to enable
autocleancount=99         #### Number of access before a clean.
havereader=1              #### If you have a barcode reader, set to 1.
offline_before_unload=1   #### Does your robot require an
                          #### 'mt offline' before mtx unload?
driveslot=0               #### Drive slot number.  Defaults to the
                          #### tape device number (e.g. /dev/nst0 is
                          #### assumed to be robot drive 0).
poll_drive_ready=3        #### Time (seconds) between tests to see if
                          #### the tape drive has gone ready (default: 3).
max_drive_wait=120        #### Maximum time (seconds) to wait for the
                          #### tape drive to become ready (default: 120).

I have a Dell PowerVault 112T-LTO 8-slot autoloader.

Please advise why amtape show returns :

"amtape: could not reset changer: no slots available"

kind regards,

ernest.