Amanda-Users

Re: dumper and planner error.

2004-04-26 12:52:07
Subject: Re: dumper and planner error.
From: Sören Edzen <soren AT edzen DOT org>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:49:23 +0200
* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> [2004-04-22 22:16]:

First I would like to apologize. I hadn't installed amanda from
source. The version I was using was the RPM that came with SuSE.
Now I have removed the RPM version and installed amanda as Gene
Haskett sugested. when I ran amcheck zampo it complained that it
couldn't find 'changer-status-clean'.The location it searched was
'/usr/adm/amanda/changer-status-clean'. I ran locate and came up
with this: '/var/lib/amanda/changer-status-clean'. I think that's
where the make install put it. I solved it by making a softlink from
/var/lib/amanda/changer-status-clean to/usr/adm/amanda/changer-status-clean
Then the next problem occured. when I ran amcheck I got the following error msg:

Holding disk /amanda_dump: 14451456 KB disk space available, using 14430976 KB
amcheck-server: slot 1: date 20040421 label zampo-01 (first labelstr match)
insert tape into slot 2 and press return

I only have a one slot tapedrive. When I press return the same msg
is displayed.
why is that? I did remove the line '--with-changer-device=' from the
gh.cf script.

TIA Sören
--
Sören Edzen, Sjöfartsgatan 22A, 97437 Luleå, Sweden
Phone: 0920-255133, Cell: 070-6531975