Amanda-Users

dumper and planner error.

2004-04-21 17:16:01
Subject: dumper and planner error.
From: Sören Edzen <soren AT edzen DOT org>
To: AMANDA Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:13:14 +0200
Hi,
First I'll inform you that I'm new to amanda. I use it only locally
for now on SuSE 9.0 with an AMD Athlon. If you need to know more,
just let my know. Now for my problem. When I first started to use
amanda I managed to make one or two backups. Then when I tried to
schedule them as cron jobs I began to get the error msg bellow.
Since then I can't even run amanda manually.
[snip]
*** THE DUMPS DID NOT FINISH PROPERLY!

The next tape Amanda expects to use is: zampo-01.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  dumper: FATAL must be run setuid root to communicate correctly
  planner: ERROR zampo:  [host zampo.edzen.net: port 32889 not secure]
  zampo      /usr/local/cvsroot RESULTS MISSING
[/snip]

I belive I have dumper setuid root. It was one of the problems I
solved before I managed to create backups with amanda. I used the
following command:
chmod +s /usr/lib/amanda/dumper
Is this the right way to do it?
For the planner error, I am confused. How come it complains now,
when I worked in the begining. I tried to turn of the firewall
without any luck.
TIA
Sören

--
Sören Edzen, Sjöfartsgatan 22A, 97437 Luleå, Sweden
Phone: 0920-255133, Cell: 070-6531975