Amanda-Users

Re: backup DMZ host ???

2004-04-26 13:31:49
Subject: Re: backup DMZ host ???
From: Michael D Schleif <mds AT helices DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:28:41 -0500
Donald =>

Thank you, for your consideration.

* donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com [2004:04:26:11:45:24-0500] scribed:
> Michael:
>
> How did you set up the connection through the Firewall?

I allow in from everywhere the port ranges given below.

> Did you use the --with-portrange=xxx,yyy and --with-udpportrange=aaa,bbb
> options?

Yes:

    --with-tcpportrange=50000,50100
    --with-udpportrange=840,860

> Do the port ranges you defined for Amanda match the portals opened in the
> firewall?

Yes.  However, it does *NOT* match the ports shown in that error message
;<

> What do the debug files in /tmp/amanda tell you about the connection
> attempts?

Unfortunately, *NOT* a single file under /tmp/amanda/ shows anything --
I mean _absolutely_ nothing -- about this one (1) connection ;<

> Hopefully these questions will point you down the right pathway to a
> solution.

I had hoped so, too.  Any other ideas?

--
Best Regards,