Amanda-Users

Re: getting past "sendsize"

2004-02-24 09:15:28
Subject: Re: getting past "sendsize"
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:13:33 +0100
Hi, Kristian,

on Dienstag, 24. Februar 2004 at 14:59 you wrote to amanda-users:

KR> ...now that amanda on my server finally is doing something, I am
KR> (unfortunately) stuck with the next strange thing. First of all: The
KR> file system I am about to back up is on an external RAID system and
KR> around 600 GB in size so I am using GNUTAR to back up the whole
KR> mess (since, at least as I read in various mailing lists, it's not
KR> possible to make amanda dump file systems across multiple tapes).
KR> Most of the things seem to work fine, amdump itself starts, spawns
KR> several dumper-processes and launches an amandad which starts
KR> sendsize and does a tar across the filesystem to be backed up. Some
KR> minutes later, all the processes ended again, nothing has been
KR> written to any tape, and I am grepping around the amanda
KR> documentation, being pretty clueless where to look at, now. Can
KR> someone enlighten me (again)?

No report email?

How did you tell AMANDA to back up that RAID?
Splitted it into nice little chunks?
Or one big DLE?

Using GNUtar alone does not make happy, you have to divide your
bigdisk into smaller chunks for AMANDA to digest.

You have to provide more details for us to get the picture.
--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger