Amanda-Users

getting past "sendsize"

2004-02-24 09:03:16
Subject: getting past "sendsize"
From: Kristian Rink <krink AT pm-planc DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:59:59 +0100
Hello all,...

...now that amanda on my server finally is doing something, I am
(unfortunately) stuck with the next strange thing. First of all: The
file system I am about to back up is on an external RAID system and
around 600 GB in size so I am using GNUTAR to back up the whole
mess (since, at least as I read in various mailing lists, it's not
possible to make amanda dump file systems across multiple tapes).
Most of the things seem to work fine, amdump itself starts, spawns
several dumper-processes and launches an amandad which starts
sendsize and does a tar across the filesystem to be backed up. Some
minutes later, all the processes ended again, nothing has been
written to any tape, and I am grepping around the amanda
documentation, being pretty clueless where to look at, now. Can
someone enlighten me (again)?

TIA, have a calm afternoon anyone.
Cheers,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink   -- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden