Amanda-Users

Amanda-Autoeject after dump

2004-02-24 08:10:12
Subject: Amanda-Autoeject after dump
From: axel kittenberger <axel.kittenberger AT univie.ac DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:08:06 +0100
Hi!

We're currently running Amanda to daily backup our server system. As we
hand-exchange the tape every day, I've a question regarding speeding up this
tedious task.

How is the most elegent way to get amanda to auto-eject the tapes after it ran
a dump?

Would be also a nice easy in organisation, as you would see with one glimpse
at the tape-server if the backup ran correcty, since then the tape would be
ejected. Or you can easily see if not another has already exchanged the tape,
if it is inserted it has already been swaped.

Fellow greetings,
Axel