Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with amflush

2004-02-05 04:14:02
Subject: Re: Problem with amflush
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:08:56 +0100
Hi, Rohit,

on Donnerstag, 05. Februar 2004 at 08:09 you wrote to amanda-users:

>> As Paul assumed in another branch of this thread, you might have more
>> than one AMANDA-installation on your machine.
>>
>> Have you tried several installations and maybe failed to remove one?

R> No. It was installed via RPM and it one and only amanda installation I
R> have on that machine.

Ok.

>> What does a simple "find / -name amflush -type f" give you?

R> # find / -name amflush -type f
R> find: /proc/4059/fd: No such file or directory
R> find: /proc/10993/fd: No such file or directory
R> /usr/sbin/amflush
R> /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/amflush

Seems fine to me.

R> Ok. Can I create one more directory under /backup, set permissions, move
R> all dumps from /backup into the new directory and run amflush again? Will
R> that be okay?

Yes, this should work.

>> Also check permissions and stuff.

R> Checked that. You can refer to my post in reply to Paul's post. I gave some
R> details there.

Try and chown that windows directory to amanda or at least "chgrp
disk" it. Right now amanda can't do anything in there, and we should
eliminate the possibility of that being the problem.

How is your holdingdisk defined? /backup?
Then amanda could fall over the cruft in form of /backup/windows being
non-readable.

Mv the contents to maybe /backup/amanda_hold/<conf> and set your
holdingdisk to that. SO you my add another <conf>-subdir later for
another amanda-conf and the files won't get confused.

>> If the s-option of amflush does not work, check your amanda-logdir for
>> files like amflush.log (I assume it would be called like that as I
>> currently have no access to my testbox). This file should contain
>> useful information about what happens and how far the flush gets.

R> Here are the contents of amflush:

R> amflush: datestamp 20040205
R> driver: pid 7545 executable driver version 2.4.3
R> driver: send-cmd time 0.098 to taper: START-TAPER 20040205
R> taper: DONE [idle wait: 6316.544 secs]

Hm, this all looks pretty fine. I can only compare it to my
tes-install right now which uses chg-disk and has nothing to flush
right now.

Please try to chown/chgrp that windows-dir or mv it out of the way.
--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger