Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with amflush

2004-02-04 13:01:56
Subject: Re: Problem with amflush
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Rohit <rohit AT genetechindia DOT com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 18:54:10 +0100
Rohit wrote:

Maybe looks like not. I ran amflush around 2 hours ago. As before, nothing
happened. I killed amanda processes and ran amcleanup. This is the email
which I got from amanda:

The dumps were flushed to tape Set-1-07.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: Set-1-08.

STATISTICS:
                          Total       Full      Daily
                        --------   --------   --------
Estimate Time (hrs:min)    2:31

Well, that's strange! Why does amflush need to to do an estimate???
My 28 Gbyte flush on monday morning takes 0:00 estimate time.
There isn't even an estimate phase when doing amflush (skimmed quickly
in the source, correct me if I missed it.)

Are you sure you execute the correct amflush command?  Some people
have many versions (the system supplied one, maybe version 2.4.1
in /usr/sbin, some other version in /usr/local/sbin, and/or a
self compiled in ~amanda/sbin ...

Just checking... your holdingdisk and it's subdirectories
are local disks AND are owned by amanda?  And you do run
amdump and amflush as user amanda?

PS. to avoid complaints about cruft concerning the lost+found
directory, make a subdir on that disk (/disk/amandahold/TheConfig)
and specify that subdir as holdingdisk directory in amanda.conf.